Friday, July 3, 2009

Goodbye, June. Hello, July!

On Monday, we went to have lunch with Daddy (since it was really windy, we ate inside).










On Tuesday morning, Alexa talked to Noni on the phone.


Here is another video from Tuesday morning. I just wanted to show you the "progress" Alexa is making towards becoming mobile. She can now turn her body from side to side and push backwards. I edited it to cut out the most boring parts of her looking at the couch and playing with the carpet, lol.


Alexa looking at a book at the library.










Such a happy little girl! I swapped out some of the pictures in our OSU kitchen this week. My BFF, Kat, and her boyfriend, Dave, had a goal to make it up on our walls - so at Christmas they made me take a photo of them in their OSU clothes... the pic on the right is their proof that they reached their goal, lol!










When we were at Babytime on Tuesday, I showed Ms. Allison how Alexa knows how to turn the page in a book from right to left (I have to grab it first because she doesn't have the fine motor skills to separate pages yet)... she was so impressed! This video (taken on Wednesday morning) let's y'all see her do it. Ms. Allison said this is really advanced for an 8-month old - I knew it, our baby is a genius!


In the afternoon, I poured some water into the tray of Alexa's booster seat and let her SPLASH!


Here is Alexa with Ms. Apfelstadt, Kat's mum, on Wednesday afternoon.










Alexa had such a good time playing with her. She was in
a great mood and wouldn't take her eyes off of Ms. Apfelstadt :-)










Kat's mum informed me as she was walking out the door that the only reason "Katherine" (as she calls her) has already booked her flight home for Christmas is to see Alexa, her family and friends that are here are just an added bonus, lol. 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days - that's where the countdown is at until her arrival!!! Alexa's lucky to have Aunty Kat sending clothes from En
gland (the outfit on the right).










Daddy and Alexa FIN
ALLY putting the stepping stone outside in our beautiful flower bed.










Right before bath and bedtime on Wednesday, I discovered that Alexa thinks it is hysterical to be bounced on... these movies are of me and Dan making our pride & joy laugh - ENJOY!!!




Before I close this posting, I wanted to also let y'all know that Alexa isn't feeling well. She started with some sneezing and a watery [left] eye yesterday. So last night I gave her medicine before bed, in hopes that it would help her to get a good night's sleep. It didn't work. She woke up all throughout the night, and when she finally woke up for the day (at 8:00 am) she looks and feels worse. Both of Alexa's eyes are now watery, she is sneezing like crazy, and she has a cough. We have an appointment with Dr. Jacob at 11:45 am because with these symptoms and her extreme irritability the nurse thought we should come in. Please say a prayer that we can get some meds that will help her feel better! I do not want her miserable for the entire holiday weekend! I'll keep y'all posted on what the doctor says. Ciao.

1 comment:

janine said...

OMG I just can't decide which video I like the best. Alexa is so much fun to watch. It looks like you will be able to take her to a bookstore one day in the future, leave her there while you go to Kroger then come back and pick her up. HA-HA! That brings back some great memories with you, Nikki. We hope Alexa is feeling better and y'all have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend. Remember to pray for all those men and women who have kept us free and are continuing to do so.
Love,
Aunt Janine