Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alexa's BIG News!!

Alexa has some news she has been waiting to share with y'all for the past few weeks...


And just to be sure you heard her...


Yup, we are expecting B
aby Ritchey #2 on September 28th!! Words cannot describe how thrilled we are to be adding another member to our family :-) We went to see the OB, Dr. Davey, this morning and she said everything looks great. I got teary-eyed when I saw the little bean's heartbeat. It's so relieving to know that the baby is healthy and is the right size for how far along I am (7 weeks 1 day). The end of Sept is FILLED with other family/friends' birthdays, so I told Dr. Davey that #2 has to be born anytime before the 23rd or on the 26th if he/she wants to have their own birthday (and going overdue is not an option, lol). She laughed and said she'd see if she could make that happen ;-)

Here is #2's first photo :-) He/She will definitely get used to the camera living in our house ;-)











As promised here is a video of Alexa stomping her feet.



And the other much anticipated video, Alexa's fake laugh. Normally she does it over and over again (here she only did it twice).


On a side note, I bought Alexa the baby doll the day our pregnancy test was +










She has really enjoyed carrying the baby around, feeding it the bottle, and giving it kisses for the past several weeks. Alexa will tell anyone she is going to be a big "sisr" with a huge smile on her face -- little does she know how much her world is going to change in 7 months! Hehe. There is so much to do and so many changes that will be happening in the Ritchey house, but we'll be sure to keep you up-to-date on it all!

Also, I had mentioned that we were having issues with Alexa during bath time. She would scream anytime she got a bath, no matter who gave it to her (me, Dan, my mom, my sister). So last week, I did what any good mom would do, I climb into the tub with her. We played with a washcloth puppet, splashed, and cuddled. I made the whole experience FUN (and not scary). Now, she loves bath time again (as do I because it is my break time - Daddy gives the baths in this house)! Well, this tired Mama is going to go relax the last little bit of Alexa's nap. Ciao.

2 comments:

janine said...

I had tears in my eyes when I saw the picture of baby #2. We are so thrilled for all of you. Loved all the videos - that Alexa is a ham.
Love, kisses and hugs, Aunt Janine and Uncle Ken too!

KatUK said...

Alexa has such a HUGE, wonderful personality for such a little person- you guys must be so proud!! I can't wait for the arrival of baby number 2 and am looking forward to seeing all of you (including The Bump) very soon. Lots of love.. xxxx