Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jack Walter Ritchey

I am sure you have all already been informed, but Jack is here!! He was born on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 3:55 pm. Many thanks to all of you for your prayers, thoughts, & well wishes these past few days!...

The hospital was slow getting my induction started, we were here at 9:00 am but the IV didn't start until 10:50 am. My contractions really began around 11:30 am and I was 3 cm. They broke my water at 11:50 am, and by 1:15 pm I was asking for my epidural (still only 4 cm). My exam at 2:30 pm showed great progress, 7 cm! The checked again at 3:00 pm and surprisingly I was just about 10 cm!!! We waited for Dr. Davy to arrive, for the delivery & newborn stuff to get set-up, and for Jack to "drop" a little bit more, and I started pushing at 3:35 pm. So after a short 4 hr labor and 20 min delivery Mr. Jack Walter Ritchey entered the world!!! ♥

Alexa came into see us (with Noni) within the first hour (they just waited for our first nursing session to be over). She did GREAT with her baby brother, wanting to hold him and giving him big kisses - she even asked to take him home as she was leaving!!!

We are doing great thus far! Jack was a bit sleepy the first night and most of yesterday making nursing hard, but now as he is getting more alert we are getting it. He is (so far) a relatively quiet and easy-tempered baby, we'll see if that changes once he spends more time with his sister hehe.

Now we are waiting for the pediatrician to arrive to do Jack's circumcision. Once that is over, we have to wait an hour and will hopefully have our discharge papers ready to go. We are antsy and ecstatic to get home, be reunited with Alexa, and to bond as a family of four a little bit later this morning!!

Here is an album on Facebook of pictures from the past few days - ENJOY!

Until there is time again... Ciao.

1 comment:

janine said...

You are amazing! I cannot believe that you took the time to update your blog and facebook too. Hope you have lots of time to do things like that when you get home. Uncle Ken and I look forward to seeing y'all - hopefully soon. Love, Aunt Janine