Friday, April 13, 2012

My Favorite Things

I can't tell you how many times a day I think, "I love when Alexa does that!" or "That is the cutest thing that Jack does!"... Time passes quickly and the things that I love/admire/adore about my kids changes as they grow & meet new milestones, and so I decided maybe I should post what my Favorite Things about each of my babies is right now :) Listed in no particular order.

Alexa
  • Hearing Alexa talk... I mean seriously, she talks all the time. But the things that come out of her mouth amaze me! She.is.so.freaking.smart. Not only does she have an unimaginable vocabulary for a 3-year-old, but she speaks with emotion, inflection, and humor. And she invents words. The one word that she created that has stuck around is "quapadility" -- we aren't too sure what it means, as the definition is ever-changing, but it is said often. Haha.
  • Hearing Alexa sing... I posted in my blog about her how she knows quite a few songs. I forgot to mention this one though: Red Solo Cup (by Toby Keith). She will completely belt out "Red Solo cup, I fill you up, let's have a party, let's have a party..." at the most random times. I love it.
  • "I love you, Mama"... Ever time she says this to me... Just, WOW.
  • Her new found interest in Jesus and God. She has some really great questions and wants to be read to from her children's Bible daily. She does an excellent job at not only reciting her prayers (i.e. saying grace at dinnertime or blessing family members before bed), but also at having special prayer requests and talking to Jesus.
  • She is 100% girlie. Alexa loves to wear dresses/skirts, have her hair done pretty, and even enjoyed her first pedicure with Mommy last week! She is interested in make-up and always takes her Coach purse with her (even told Auntie that she needs a bigger one, hehe). Alexa loves the Disney Princesses and Fairies, and loves to play dress-up... the list of girlie things she likes goes on and on, and I'm just so happy that she takes after me :)
Jack
  • Watching Jack "toddle" around... Seems like we waited foreverrrr for him to walk but now there is no stopping him! At first he would hold up his hands up every.single.step. to maintain balance - too cute. Now he has begun to master balance, and has gained speed and agility. It's awesome.
  • When Jack goes down a set of stairs... As long as he is wearing a bodysuit or a sleeper he glides down the stairs on his belly at fast speeds with a HUGE grin on his adorable face. Love.it.
  • Jack finds himself to be quite humorous... He will randomly bust out laughing at himself throughout the day, and from there it turns into this squinty-eyed smile facial expression that makes everyone laugh (we call it the "cheese face" - and he does it on command!!).
  • Since the start of the New Year, Jack entered the separation anxiety/I love Mommy phase... This means he has been saying "Mama" A LOT :) And my favorite thing about this is when he comes over to me, sits in my lap, leans his head back into my chest, looks up at me, and opens his mouth for a kiss. He is so affectionate. It's so sweet.
  • Seeing Jack fiiiinally have an interest in books... We'd long ago stopped trying to get Jack to sit in our laps and listen to a story. He was too busy and just didn't care. The teacher in me is proud to say that this has changed :) Jack now loves to be read to, and he loves to turn the pages, and he likes to look at books independently, and he can say the word "book."
  • Peek-a-Boo... This "game" is fun anywhere, anytime, with anyone. Jack will hide toys, himself, and even covers my eyes when I say, "Where's Mommy?" His laughter is the best sound. Ever.
  • "Ka-chow!!" (not too sure on the spelling?) My lil buddy is obsessed with Lightning McQueen & Mater and says the race car's signature phrase all.day.long. In the sweetest little boy voice you'll ever here :)

My MOST favorite thing of all... The way that Alexa and Jack love each other! I mean seriously, I could go on and on and on with stories that display how much these two care about one another. From the times that Jack has wiped away Alexa's tears, to the times that Alexa sneaks Jack a part of her cookie even though he didn't eat his dinner, to them calling each others' names (yes, Jack can say Alexa -- it's one of his few words) as they search for each other in our home... Oh.my.gosh... Their sibling love warms my heart, makes me weak in the knees, and brings tears to my eyes. It is hands-down the best part of being their Mommy.

No comments: