Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pinterest

Ever heard of it? Best.Website.Ever. (even better than Facebook - and that's HUGE coming from me!)

If you are on it, wahooooooo.

If you're not on it, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

I have spent hours upon hours pouring over this site: finding new recipes, getting inspiration for home decor and fashion, and discovering activities, crafts, "lessons," etc. to do with the kids. And that's just the tip of the iceberg... It is unbelievable the number of things that people have thought of, created, etc.

I am making it my mission this year to be inspired from the things I've found on Pinterest. Here are a few ways in which I've already changed:
  • It has triggered a desire to challenge myself in the kitchen - both with cooking and baking. I must say, I've added some really tasty AND healthy foods to my repertoire.
  • I've learned to crochet. I'm still on small projects, think baby hats and scarfs, but I aspire to make cute stuffed animals, headbands, sweaters, and at least one blanket (for Dan). (And I want to learn to sew after we settle into life as a family of five.)
  • I'm becoming a DIY'er. Meaning I've found some crafty projects for myself, like covering the wipes containers with fabric so they match the boys' bedrooms or making a book for Jack with all of his body parts.
  • I'm taking to heart the wisdom of quotes/articles/blogs I've read, and I'm finding humor in the funny things people post.
  • I'm channeling the inner-teacher in me and having themed learning days every few weeks with the kids. Our special days are centered around a theme (so far, we've had Dr. Seuss Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter Day -- hoping to do one more, unsure on the theme, before Henry is born!); everything from the books we read to the food we eat to the activities & crafts we do is inspired by the topic of the day. It's been great fun!

If you look at my 42 Boards (filled with 939 pins at the present time), you will see the way in which I utilize, consult, and am inspired by the Best.Website.Ever. (sorry had to emphasize that again!) Ciao.

No comments: