Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Formula Troubles

We had finally used the last of my frozen breastmilk stash on Sunday, so yesterday we introduced formula (Similac Advanced) to Alexa. She drank a 2 oz bottle in the afternoon after eating solids and briefly breastfeeding, and then she had a 4 oz bottle after eating her solids at dinnertime. We put her to bed at around 7:30 pm, and then she woke up at 8:40 pm vomiting EVERYWHERE! Alexa was sick for about one hour, and created more dirty laundry (including my clothes) in that hour than she normally does in a week! Her and I got a bath together - we laid back and I rubbed her belly. This was the trick to finally calming her down (she had been hysterically crying). After the bath, we put Alexa to bed in our room so I could clean her room up. We eventually did move her back to her crib, and she slept the entire night. She woke up this morning and has breastfed and eaten her solids (her normal routine) and seems fine. I have a call into the pediatrician to see what she recommends I do/try because my milk supply is so low right now that there is no way I can nurse her the four times a day she gets milk. So please say a prayer that whatever we try next "cooperates" with Alexa's apparently sensitive stomach!!! I'll keep you posted on what Dr. Jacob suggests and what the outcome is. Ciao.

No comments: