Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dan!

Alexa loves to "make music" on her drums, a keyboard/piano, or even the table will do. Here is our musician-in-training.


On Friday, Mommy and Alexa created a unique gift for Daddy for Father's Day ... a stepping stone with Alexa's footprints! I plan to make stepping stone with all of our children's footprints every five years so that eventually we'll have a little walkway :-)










These two pics make it look like it was effortless to get her footprints. Pictures lie. It took FOREVER!










Once her "hard work" was done, Alexa chilled out and stuffed her face while I decorated the stone. Here it is before we hid it on Friday afternoon.










So Alexa had just finished eating (it was bedtime) when she got this goofy grin on her face (this was Friday night). I decided to start making faces at her, and much to our amusement she started laughing, like really hard core laughing. It was hysterical. It was also the best sound I've ever heard in my life, with "Mama" being a very close second. This laugh far outshines her baby giggles :-)


Daddy trying to get Alexa to crawl on Saturday afternoon. She is sooooo close!


Alexa woke up at 6:30 am, but we let Daddy sleep until 7:45 am. We woke him up to give him his presents! First was a card (on the left) that Alexa signed (with my help) :-) Underneath the card was the poem (on the right) with the stepping stone. The beginning of the poem I found online, but I didn't like how it ended so I wrote the last two stanzas.










Daddy and Alexa with the stepping stone. Daddy reading Alexa the book she got him: "I Love My Daddy Because..." by Laurel Porter Gaylord.










Daddy's BIG gift was a Craftsmen Table Saw :-) His first project... a toy box for Alexa Rose! After opening gifts, Alexa and I made him breakfast: eggs, corned beef hash, blueberry muffins, and coffee.










We decided to walk to the park in the center of our development for a picnic and play time. Alexa ate some sweet corn casserole, a squash & apple combo, and some Cheerios. She is our little oinker, lol.










Alexa is so proud that she can hold her own bottle. She can even do it one-handed! Alexa & Daddy ready to go play (now that they filled their tummies). We ate sandwiches, bananas, yogurt, chips, and loads of water (it was freaking hot out!).










First, let's cool the kid off at the broken water fountain :-) Daddy & Alexa swinging.










Mommy & Alexa swinging. Alexa & Daddy on the top of the playground.










Weeeeeeee, they came down the twisty slide! Then, it was Mommy's turn to walk through the playground with baby Alexa.













Here we are going down a slide. This slide was hot hot hot on my bottom - I made sure Alexa didn't touch it!










Dan was a bit nervous to put Alexa in the "toddler swing," but we did it anyway... she LOVED it!!! Alexa just leaned back and waited to fly through the air. The three of us (yes, in our matching green) before we trekked back home for Alexa's afternoon nap.









Here's a video of her laughing and enjoying the swing.


We ended Dan's 1st Father's Day celebration with dinner at Longhorn with his parents. Alexa entertained her grandparents, as usual, with her "personality" :-) I guess they've been telling friends and co-workers that Alexa has quite the personality, lol.










We had a really great family day!!! Tomorrow Alexa and I are headed to the pool to spend some time with Susan, Nick, and Kate. Then, Tuesday my mom will be here - yay!!!!!!!! You know as I reread the post (to make sure it all made sense before publishing it), I realized I say Alexa loves things a lot. The truth of the matter is the girl is usually easy to please and enjoys everything! We are so blessed to have such a happy baby :-) Speaking of being blessed... Alexa, Chloe, and I are blessed to have Dan. Happy Father's Day, sweetie! Ciao.

2 comments:

Erin Walker said...

Freakin' awesome stepping stone idea. I love watching her play. She is having so much fun. And the laughing is the best vid yet.

Mom/Noni said...

Very cool stepping stone. Homemade gifts are truly the very best. Dan, you are a great daddy and deserved a fabulous Father's Day! :)
Mom/Noni