Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Happy Anny!

Yesterday was mine and Dan's 3rd Anniversary. The day started off fabulous because Alexa said, "Mama" calling out to me!!! I had to use the bathroom (sorry if that's TMI), so she had to wait to breastfeed. While Dan was sitting with her, she just kept looking at the bathroom door (so I'm told) saying, "Mama. Mama. Mama." This is not to be confused with the babbling talk she's been doing lately saying, "ma ma ma ma..." It seriously warmed my heart to finally hear my daughter call out for me :-) Because trust me, I heard her loud mouth, lol, through the door!

Here is Alexa on the phone with her Noni (who had called to wish us Happy Anniversary).










For lunch, Dan, Alexa, and I met up with Grandma Ritchey and Aunt Janet at Windchimes. We had a nice lunch, and after Dan returned to work and Grandma went onto her appointment, Aunt Janet and I talked for over an hour! It was really great to see both of them, and we look forward to more lunches or get-togethers with the two of them this summer!!!










Alexa got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa while we went out to dinner. Here is Alexa and Grandpa making music! She really had her grandparents entertained with her whipping around in the exersaucer, feeding herself, and playing with her toys. I mean, with a face that beautiful, who wouldn't be entertained?!










Dan and I enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner at Bonefish Grill! We had the mussels for an appetizer, Dan had Tuna Toyko Sashimi, and I had Wolf Fish Rockfeller - yummy!






















We exchanged cards and gifts while at dinner. I got Dan an iPod touch and leather case. The 3rd anniversary is traditionally a leather gift because the material is durable, warm, strong, flexible, and has a sense of resilency to it - all qualities that a great marriage poses :-) Dan gave me a Movado watch (which ironically comes in a leather protective case). A modern 3rd anniversary gift is crystal because it dazzles you with its beauty and reflects light off of its surface - symbolizing how a couple in a great marriage can touch those around them. Below is Dan with his new iPod and my Movado watch (still in the box because Macy's is having a HUGE sale on their fine jewelry, and I may exchange it for a different Movado).










I'm so thankful, lucky, and blessed to have Dan as my husband. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us as we continue our life's journey together :-) Ciao.

No comments: