Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas in Pataskala

Me & Alexa sitting around until it was time to go open presents.

Our lil family in front of the tree.

Maureen & Dan.

Uncle Dan holding Alexa & her bear.

I got these cool 'candles.'

Becky holding the bowl Maureen made her in pottery class.

Pat very excited about the Eastern Europe travel book (and beer and wine) that we got them.

Dan with his new Shop Vac.

Maureen & Dan got the makings for s'mores! (they just built a fire pit at home)

Dan with Alexa's gift - a wagon.

The cute outfits that Auntie Mo Mo & Uncle Dan got Alexa.

Chloe & Maddie (M&D's dog) chillin' out.

Alexa with Grandma & Grandpa.

Today we celebrated Christmas with Dan's parents, Maureen, and Dan (next weekend we'll have another Ritchey Christmas with Andy & Cathy and their kids). First, we had a wonderful chicken dinner. Then we went downstairs to open gifts. Some of the things we received were 'candles,' baskets, a Shop Vac, money and Buckeye cookies. Alexa got the cutest purple dress and some onesies, as well as a teddy bear and wagon. After we were done exchanging gifts, we went upstairs and had cream puffs for dessert (a Christmas tradition at my in-law's house).

When we got back to our house, I finished wrapping Christmas gifts!!! It is such a relief to know that I can now just sit back, relax, and enjoy Christmas --- which means, we are almost headed to Perry!!!! I am so looking forward to Alexa's 1st Christmas Eve at Gram's house and to opening gifts with my parents, Dan, Alexa, Chloe, Paul and Danielle on Christmas morning. My parents have always made Christmas such a special holiday, and I am just so excited for my daughter to experience these traditions (even though I know she has no clue what is going on). It's been 14 days since we've seen my family, and it seems like it has been forever! In less than 48 hours, we will be with them again, thank goodness. It's amazing how starting a family of my own has made me appreciate my family (particularly my mom) and has given me a fierce desire to be closer to them... For those of you who live in Lake County, we will be in town until at least Friday, maybe Saturday... give us a call or text and come over to my parents' house to visit!

Tomorrow Alexa is going to meet my BFF, Kat, and her boyfriend, Dave. They live in London, England and are visiting for the holiday. We cannot wait to see them!!!

No comments: