Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Baby

Alexa hanging out on the floor right after a diaper change.

We have really been enjoying Alexa during the first seven weeks of her life! She is such a happy baby! She loves to be held (so much so that I had to go out and buy a sling tonight so that I can start doing stuff around the house). And as the Ritchey's can vouch (based on our Christmas party), Alexa can sleep through anything! In other news, when Alexa was born she weighed 7 lbs 4.5 oz, and last week she weighed 8 lbs 15 oz - so nursing is a success for us! Today was a wonderful day for Mommy & Alexa. We stayed inside because it was sooo cold and just hung out - we hadn't had a lazy day at home the past few days because of Christmas shopping. We read books, had a massage, did some exercises and played with the rattle. While Alexa was laying on the couch moving about, I decided to take a quick video to show how squirmy she is... and I was pleasantly surprised that about 40 seconds into the video she smiled!!! Enjoy :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so precious I just want to reach out and hold her. Uncle Ken and I can't wait to see her next week. Love, Aunt Janine

Anonymous said...

Nikki,
Thank you so much for sharing Alexa with me. I can't believe how much she has already changed. I look forward to seeing you all when you are home for Christmas!
Blessings to you all.
Chris~