Monday, February 16, 2009

Another weekend in Perry










Alexa watching TV with Jaja - right after she drooled in his mouth, lol.










Alexa and Dan with their Valentine's Day gifts - she got a bib and chewy rattle, he got chocolates and shirts, and I got chocolates too.











My dear friend, Kristin, was finally able to come meet Alexa on Saturday morning, and I got my nose pierced!











After I got my nose pierced, Mom got her cartilage pierced.










Another girlfriend, Nicci, came to meet Alexa Saturday evening.










Aunt Kathy was our final visitor of the day before we went to Storm Cellar to hear Roo's band play & to celebrate Nut's birthday.










Mom & her childhood friend, LeeAnn. Dan & Me at the bar.











I seriously thought I was wasted when I saw the blurry spot on the pic of Mom & Mark (it was really a smudge on the lens). Me & brother.










Paul & Dan got off their stools and started goofing off. Mom & Me - BFFs











Roo singing, and the birthday boy having a lil fun!
My second mom, Chris, & Me.












No words to describe Dan's or Paul's faces.












Me obviously talking. "Babe" (mom's friend, Kelly) & Me after doing these awesome shots (Black Apples, I think).










Sharon & RJ came to visit on Sunday. RJ kept giving Alexa kisses, it was too cute!










Noni & Papa reading Alexa the 2-part book - "What Grandmas Do Best" and "What Grandpas Do Best."










Gram brought Alexa a cute lil teddy bear bank for V-day.
Sisters with our nose piercings!














"There are bubbles in the air, in the air... there are bubbles everywhere..." Our new Gymboree bubbles just like at Babytime!

So as you can see we had an AMAZING weekend in Perry!!! We got to town on Friday night right around 6:00. Per Dan's request we had cheeseburgers for dinner - yummy! It was kind of a lazy/relaxing evening, and we all went to bed fairly early. Valentine's Day was super busy. We started the day opening gifts - Alexa got a new 'Be Mine' bib and a chewy rattle from us, and my parents got her a Care Bear and a Care Bear DVD. Dan got me some great chocolates, and I got him some chocolates and new polo shirts. My mother got us Lovers' Dice and these scratch-off things - she is so corny! A little bit later, my good friend since 5th grade, Kristin, came to meet Alexa finally. It was so great spending time with her and reminiscing!
Then, mom, Danielle, and I went to All Tattoos to get my nose pierced and mom's cartilage. Neither of us chickened out, so that's good. My nose didn't hurt, it burned though and was quite sore Saturday night. It's feeling fine now, even when I clean it. Another girlfriend of mine, Nicci, came over to meet Alexa too. While she was over, Aunt Kathy stopped. I swear Alexa has more visitors than anyone I know! Danielle babysat Alexa on Saturday night so that Mom, Dad, Paul, Dan, and I could go out. We went to Storm Cellar in P'ville to see Andy's Last Band for Nut's 50th Birthday. We had so much fun! All of my parents friends were out. We drank beer, did shots, and danced our butts off! I don't think I'll get the image of Paul shaking the maracas out of my head for a long time :)
I was hurting quite a bit on Sunday, but pulled myself together to visit with my friend, Sharon, and her son, RJ. He is such an adorable little boy. He kept giving Alexa hugs and kisses. It was really cute! Gram stopped over and had an early dinner with us - Dad and Dan grilled a huge top loin to medium-rare perfection.
Our drive back to Dublin was sad, but I didn't cry (for the first time in almost a year). I just kept telling myself that I'll be busy this week/weekend with our trip to North Carolina, and then we'll be back in Perry the last weekend of the month for my friend, Bry's, baby shower. The first weekend of March we have quite a few couples who are going to come hang out with us on Saturday night, and then we'll go to Perry the following weekend for my cousin, Erin's, baby shower. So as I thought about our weekend plans for the next month (or so), I wasn't too sad. I feel fortunate that we get to go home so often - Dan is so understanding! And we've talked about when we will be able to move which quite honestly keeps me sane. But enough b****ing, I'm grateful that we get to Perry as often as we do, and I'm grateful for my fun pup, beautiful daugher, and hard-working, supportive, loving husband. Life could be worse.
Speaking of the daughter her face is covered in slobber from eating her 'fun hands' so I must run... take care y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...it was another weekend to remember. It was so much fun getting out with the family, dancing and having fun. I have to agree with Nikki in regards to Paul and the maracas; not sure what made me laugh more, watching Paul or seeing Nikki crack up, it was a sight to remember and every time I do I will chuckle! I must say though...we are all very good dancers(Dan too)! Spending Alexa's first Valentine's Day together was another magical moment. She is our very own little cupid. Not really sure what or who she loves most but I think her hands may be the winner for now. Piercings...yep, it is for sure...we are all crazy! But I guess my philosophy and always will be...you only live life once, so make it good! Alexa loves her bubbles and I am not kidding when I say that I still have a few bubbles on our half wall that have not popped. I love spending time with my family therefore this past weekend was the best! I love you all and miss you when you aren't here!
Forever and ever,
Mom/Noni
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes, ditto on the maracas by Paul..... A night to remember, good times, great friends!

Mom #2

Anonymous said...

Sounds like anothe great weekend in Painesville. Maybe after we get home from Florida you can make a trip south to visit us. After all the drive to Florence is shorter than to Painesville.
Enjoy your trip and have a safe drive.
Love,
Aunt Janine & Uncle Ken