Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl

We stayed home to watch the Superbowl, and more importantly, the commercials. Although I must say I was disappointed with most of the them. There were a handful that were hilarious, such as my top favorite - the LMAO commercial, haha. But many were just plain stupid. I miss the days of looking forward to the Budweiser frogs debuting a new ad. Anyways, after a day of running errands, we settled on the couch to watch the game and eat take-out BW3's. At halftime Dan and I showed Alexa how to ROCK out to Bruce Springsteen :)
The past few nights Alexa has really established a sleep pattern. She is going to bed around 9 pm and waking up around 730 am! Let me tell you how much I love my sleep!!! She is still really fascinated with her hands and recently has discovered the softness of her hair. She lays down, puts her left hand up and rubs her head. It is too cute. We've been spending loads of time reading books and helping her grasp small objects. I force her to do tummy time everyday, but she hates it. She gets so frustrated! Her ears seem to be healing just fine. She doesn't cry when I sterlize the pierced area. Overall, Alexa is just a really pleasant baby :)


Diaper change during the Superbowl.

Singing "Born to Run"

Dipping to "Glory Days"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Alexa is bringing more joy to your lives every day. I wish I could see her making new discoveries every day. We miss you guys.
Love,
Aunt J9

Anonymous said...

Nikki & family,
How fun! You are such a cute family. Alexa is growing up so fast, at least I am able to watch her grow through this awesome blog that you keep up-to-date. "Glory Days" is one the songs that our friend, Kelly Derrick's band sings and when he sings it he always dedicates it to his Little League manager, my dad, your Papa and Alexa's Great Papa. Alexa, Great Papa is watching over you and enjoying every minute of it. He is really happy when you give your mom, his toothache, a hard time every now and then. Ha! Ha! Cannot wait to see all of you on Friday the 13th, be there or beware! LOL
Love and miss you all!
Hugs & kisses too!
Mom/Noni