Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Erin Go Bragh



Alexa had to ride home like this
after her diaper EXPLOSION
at Walmart on Monday.

















Babytime at the library on St. Patrick's Day!











Look - she reaches for her rattle now!



She got her rattle, then
Grandpa picked her up
to play.

















Grandma feeding Alexa her once a day bottle. Playing with Grandpa on the couch.














Her booty said "My 1st St. Patrick's Day" inside a shamrock :) Happy St. Patty's Day from the Ritchey's!!!

I'll start with this - when I go grocery shopping I don't take the diaper bag. I just grab a diaper and wipes, throw 'em in my purse, and go. Well, I'm not making this mistake EVER again! On Monday, I load Alexa into the car, and we headed to Aldi's and Walmart. I was just about finished shopping when I noticed the stench. I checked out and took her to the bathroom - holy shit, literally! She had pooped through her jeans, two onesies, and onto her car seat. Awesome, seeing as I didn't have a change of clothes for the child. Thankfully, it was not too cold, and we have the "cocoon" thing to cover her car seat. Once I got her home, cleaned up, fed, and down for her afternoon nap I had to disassemble her car seat and scrub it and the clothes. So what, of course, happened after nap? ANOTHER DIAPER EXPLOSION!!! I was like, "Seriously, Alexa? Twice in one day." She just grins... apparently she likes her own shit :)-
A Belated Erin Go Bragh, lads & lassies! Per our usual Tuesday routine (now that Alexa has recovered from the time change) we went to Babytime at the library after her 45 minute a.m. nap. It was so crowded, and all the little kids looked so cute in green! Tiffanie came over in the afternoon to get some wedding information and to just catch-up. Thankfully, Alexa took a 2.5 hour p.m. nap so we were able to visit without the constant kiddo distraction. I made the typical Irish meal (despite my non-Irish heritage) of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. They don't sell a corned beef small enough for two, so we invited Dan's parents over for dinner. Becky made Irish soda bread (which now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to have a leftover slice right now). Anyways, dinner was really good, and we had Shamrock shacks for dessert - my favorite thing about St. Patty's day!
I weighed Alexa this morning - the girl is a chunker at 13 pounds!!! Well, I have more Alexa laundry to do from ANOTHER diaper explosion that happened just before nap today and because Alexa received trendy, new clothes from Aunty Kat in the mail! Hope y'all are enjoying this SUNSHINE :) We went outside for about 20 minutes today - it was great!!! I'll post pics from that later :) Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and keeping up with y'all. And of course I really love all the pictures. Alexa is growing so fast. We are enjoying the very warm and sunny weather here in Flordia.
Love,
Aunt Janine