Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Perry Time

This past weekend was another Perry weekend :) On Friday, we attempted to give Alexa some rice cereal when we first got into town. She didn't do so good on that try. Then, we went to a fish fry with my parents - yummy! Fish fries are one of my favorite parts of Lent!!! Afterwards, we left Alexa at home with Noni and Papa, and we went to BW3's with Paul. Danielle was working and bored (because it was dead in there) so us siblings were able to visit and have a beer (just me and Dan). It was nice.
With the rise of Saturday sun I was determined to get new tires on my car. So my dad and I went to see Al, a childhood friend of my mom's, to get new tires. We got such a good deal, and the difference in driving the Santa Fe now is amazing!! It also is comforting knowing that my car is safe for Alexa seeing as we drive to Perry every-other-weekend. We tried rice cereal again for "lunch" on Saturday, and she did amazing! We discovered that she does better if it is a little thicker, like paste. She had 3 tablespoons! Then, Mom, Alexa, and I ran some errands (looking for vacay clothes for Alexa) and visited with Gram for two hours! Dan grilled dinner for all of us, delicious kabobs! Saturday evening we discovered that while on her tummy Alexa will reach out for a toy! It made me tear up to see how fast our little girl is growing already :)
Our last day in Perry was filled with church and a baby shower! Seems like I've been going to a lot of 'em lately. This one was for my cousin, Merle, and his wife, Erin. They are expecting their first child, a little girl who will be named Rylee, in April. I'm so glad that Alexa will have friends (Rylee & Regan) in Lake County, who she will see occasionally when we visit now, but hopefully one day she'll see 'em a lot more (I'm still praying to move). It was nice visiting with the extended fam at Aunt Kathy's house. Right before we were getting on the road to leave, a close family friend, Suzy, surprised us with a visit :) I really love being at my parents' house - there is commotion, chaos, noise, people. I guess I am a "big family" kind of girl. I like never having a dull moment.
Well, our next trip to Perry will be filled with meeting Bry's daughter, Regan, because she is being induced next Monday, seeing a dear friend of mine, Lindsey Klco, and pedicures! Mom, Danielle, Alexa, and I may do some shopping too because we leave for our Girls' Vacay on April 3rd!










Friday's attempt at rice cereal.










Saturday.










Saturday.










Hanging out on Gram's floor, and spinning in circles with Jaja.










Merle and Erin: the parents-to-be. Aunt Denise with Alexa.














Auntie Danielle holding Alexa at the baby shower. My cousin, Judy, with Alexa.


Alexa doing a very good job eating cereal on Saturday :)


Alexa tried feeding herself her post-cereal bottle :)

No comments: