Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Great Outdoors, Stores, & Friends











Alexa & I spent our 1st afternoon in the backyard ~ we laid and looked at the sky & read books!












We also played rattle and hung out with Chloe :)












Our 2 girls in the backyard. On Saturday afternoon, my childhood friend Sarah (who lives in FL) came to visit!















Andi & Jackson - Me & Alexa (my favorite pic to date of us).












The 5 of us after lunch at Bob Evan's. After the girls & Jack left we had an "Alexa Photo Shoot."












She is too precious!!! Her smiles (and the way her eyes crinkle) make my heart melt :)












Me & Lindsey Klco. Alexa meeting Maya (one of the little girls I've babysat for years).















Big Girl Alexa "standing."












Alexa having Tummy Time on her shopping cart cover.












Reading books with Daddy.


Gosh, I can hardly believe a week has gone by since my last post! As you can see, we've been busy. We've been enjoying the nice weather (minus today), shopping, meeting new friends, etc. Alexa's wardrobe is set for our Girls Vacay ~ she's got a tankini bathing suit, flip flops, shorts, dresses, sunglasses... Mommy was on a shopping spree last week :)- Then, I went on a mini-spree for myself this afternoon (got new capris, bermuda shorts, and shirts). Even though I am only 1.2 lbs from my pre-prego weight (GO ME!), my hips are different, and I can't fit into my old pants quite so nicely. That's fine, just another excuse to go buy new clothes!! Two of my girlfriends, Sarah and Andi (and her son, Jack), came to meet Alexa on Saturday. We were able to hang out for almost 4 hours - it was so great seeing all of them! Then Saturday evening I had my first solo night out since BA (Before Alexa), lol. I went out to some bars in Galena with a bunch of girls from Perry, including my dear friend Lindsey Klco. I HAD A BLAST! It was nice to get out and be Nikki, not Mommy or Wifey, for awhile. Being Mommy has been wearing on me a bit lately as Alexa has been growing extremely attached to me (the downfall of being a SAHM). I'm sure we'll get through it, it's just tough... Anyways, we had the Figurski family stop by to see us on Sunday. They are the family that I've babysat for off-and-on for the past 3.5 years. We've reached an agreement for me (and Alexa) to watch Maya, Kyle, & Abi part-time this summer. It'll be great for me to get out of the house and make a little extra money, and I think it will be great for Alexa to get used to not having Mommy's undivided attention (so that when we have Baby Ritchey #2 she isn't so jealous).
No [major] new milestones this week for Alexa. She continues to grin & giggle more and more each day! She reaches for things and is really starting to interact with her world. It is so neat to see her ever-changing. I just love her so much, no words can describe a mother's love, it's true. Speaking of motherly love, my friend Bry now knows what I'm talking about: Welcome to the world Regan Isabella!!! Bry had her little girl yesterday at 6:06 pm. She was 6 lbs 2 oz ~ we can't wait to meet the little girl who will be one Alexa's BFFs when we go to Perry this weekend :)
I'm signing off for now - TV and relaxation calls my name (sadly, no wine as a. I'm all out and b. I don't want the extra calories because I am too close to pre-prego weight!). Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alexa is so beautiful. Her pictures just make me want to hug her. Nikki, you are looking great too and know you have worked so very hard to get back your weight back to your WW goal. Congrats on an outstanding job.
Love,
Aunt Janine