Thursday, May 28, 2009

7 Months Old

I can hardly believe that Alexa is 7 months old already! Time has FLOWN by!!! I've enjoyed [almost, lol] every minute of her life :-) Sometimes I look at her and think, "Gosh, is this my kid? How did she get so big?!?!" Yesterday afternoon we went to see Tiffanie and Ben's new house (love it!), and while we were there, Alexa just sat on the floor and played. She is becoming so independent! And Tiffanie taught Alexa how to clap - it is so cute. Here's a video of her clapping this morning:



Besides our fun afternoon with Tiffanie, yesterday was a hard day for me because I made the decision to not babysit this summer. There are many reasons I decide to not babysit, starting with Alexa's schedule. As most of you know, she gets one great nap a day (and a few "cat naps") - her morning nap from 9ish - 11ish. Babysitting would have interfered with that good nap because I would have to be in Gahanna at 10:30 am. Her routine/schedule is so good right now, she's happy and thriving, and I think changing it would be unfair to her. Other things that would have been effected by babysitting are: Babytime at the library, swim lessons (I'm currently looking into them), picnic lunches with Dan, etc. I want to have freedom this summer with Alexa ~ Mom and Danielle are off of work/school for the summer, and I want them to be able to come visit us during the week and vice versa. Paul, Danielle, Dan, and I have been talking about taking a Sibs Trip to Cedar Point :-) Again, babysitting conflicted with that. And I know it may sound selfish, but I am enjoying my time with Alexa and don't want to have to share my attention with other children [at least until we decide to have another]. There were just too many ways that babysitting would have restrained Alexa and me... so I let the family know yesterday. They are obviously hurt/disappointed, but I hope in time they'll be able to forgive me for my last-minute retraction. As awful as I feel about this, I also feel a sense of relief. ***If anyone knows someone in the Columbus area looking for part-time work this summer, let me know. They have 3 wonderful kids (an almost 9 year old and twin 6.5 year olds). It would be T, W, and every other R - 6 hours a day.

Here are some photos of A yesterday (her 7-month birthday) right before heading to bed:









I'm taking photos of Alexa's day today, so that I can provide y'all with A Day in the Life of Alexa Rose Ritchey :-) Will try to get it posted tonight! Ciao.

1 comment:

Erin Walker said...

OMG the clapping is soooo cute. I can't believe how well she sits! Love her in her PJ's!