Monday, May 11, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day











The BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers Mom & Dad sent me.











Mother's Day morning with my baby :) A's shirt says: I Love Mommy & Mommy Loves Me











Art & Alexa ~ Resting on her bunny pillow











The real life bunny that Dan found alongside our fence.











With my gifts from Alexa & Dan ~ Dinner at Olive Garden















Alexa with each of us at Olive Garden






I had a better 1st Mother's Day then I could have asked for, or probably deserve. Alexa woke us up at about 6:00 am, and after feeding her, Dan took her downstairs to play so that I could get an extra hour of sleep. It was great! We enjoyed a breakfast with Dan's parents, who had stayed the night after being our babysitters for Heather & Eric's wedding. As they were walking out the door, Art and Eric showed up for a visit. When they left, I got to open my Mother's Day gifts - an "I Love My Mommy" picture frame and a gift card to Charles Penzone for a massage and pedicure. Dan said he will take a day off of work so that I can go and have a day to myself :) So sweet. Even better was the fact that I didn't have to change a single diaper all day long!!! The best gift of all though was the great mood Alexa was in the entire day :) We played, read books, and did bubbles (which as you can tell from the videos, she loves). I got a nice afternoon nap. Then, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden - including a glass of Peach Sangria, yummy! We got a piece of Lemon Cream Cake to-go and enjoyed it together after Alexa went to bed. The entire day was amazing, complete with mini-massages throughout the day from Dan! It honestly was the BEST DAY!!! I'm so thankful for my amazing husband and beautiful daughter :) I guess I'm going to have to start planning for Father's Day... lol. Ciao.

1 comment:

janine said...

The videos with Alexa and the bubbles are great! She is truly a precious bundle and we love her.
Aunt Janine & Uncle Ken