Thursday, May 21, 2009

Weight Update :-)











Albert Einstein, I mean Alexa Rose, loves applesauce (I mean seriously, look at her hair!). She is now up to eating an entire container of the 1st Foods. She seriously loves playing with that little keyboard thing!











My friend, Stacey, came over to visit on Tuesday afternoon. We talked and talked for 4 1/2 hours! Alexa tried prunes this week too, and like everyone warned me she pooped her brains out!











We went for the "weight check" appointment with Dr. Jacob on Wednesday. Alexa is a whopping 15 pounds (and moved from the 10th to 15th percentile)!!! She gained 1 lb 9 oz in 4 weeks. To put that into perspective for all of you, the average baby girl Alexa's age who is breastfed, should gain between 1 lb and 1 lb 4 oz in 4 weeks - so she beat the "max" by 5 oz! Dr. Jacob was THRILLED with Alexa's progress this month, so now we don't have to go back until she is 9 months :-) We've been given the "ok" to move onto 2nd foods as long as it is just fruits and veggies. The doctor was really happy with Alexa's babbling (she was telling her lots of loud stories, lol) and her sitting (pictured above). Unlike last month's appointment that I left crying, I left yesterday like a grinning fool :-)











Having a picnic lunch with Daddy today :-) The weather was beautiful, and Alexa sitting on her own was quite handy so that Dan and I could both eat! I still watch her sit and am amazed - it seems like yesterday that she was unable to even support her neck. I cannot believe how big our baby girl is! We just love her to pieces :-) Above she is "eating" Gerber Puffs (which the doc told me to start giving her for snack since she has cut herself down to four feedings a day the past few days). She's not too sure how to get them from her hand to her mouth, but we're working on it.











She LOVES flying through the air, obviously! Her Papa said to me last Sunday, "You're gonna have to give her rides because she likes it when Noni does it." LOL



So she isn't rolling regularly, but she's been doing this "attempt to shimmy" thing the past few days. When Dr. Jacob saw it yesterday, she said that Alexa may just skip rolling and go straight to crawling. We'll see. But it is pretty funny to watch her try to move and then get frustrated, haha.

Well, that's all I got for now... I'm logging off to watch So You Think You Can Dance (dance dance...)!!! YAY! So excited for our LONG holiday weekend in Perry :-) Ciao.

1 comment:

janine said...

I love the videos the most. Please tape more of them.