Monday, May 4, 2009

Just Another Day(s) in Perry-dise :)

Once again we had a GREAT trip to Perry! We got into town on Friday night in time for dinner. Mom made these yummy Garlic Mozzarella Sausages ~ which we bought more of yesterday at Sam's Club :) Our Saturday was very busy! After morning nap, Alexa tried carrots for the first time. As you can see below, she LOVED them! She seems to be a really great eater already, and she definitely has gotten the using a spoon & swallowing things down. This week we'll move on to green veggies (like green beans and peas) and possibly some fruit (avocado, bananas, etc.). The only downfall to all of this orange veggie eating was on our drive back to Columbus last night... We stopped to feed Alexa because she was crying. When Dan handed her to me I caught a wiff of something nasty, so I got her diaper bag and trekked into Burger King (I say trekked because we had parked all the way in the back so that I could nurse without an audience) only to find out they don't have a diaper changing station because it is "unsanitary." WTF? I was so not happy. Back Alexa and I trekked to the car, Dan laid Chloe's dog bed on the concrete and then Alexa's changing pad on top of it. I completely had to strip her naked right there next to the Ohio State Highway Patrol office in Mansfield because she had leaked through her diaper and entire outfit. I mean the poop went from her right knee to her right nipple and it was ORANGE, bright freaking orange. Ugh! Thank goodness for all the Oxy-Magic my mom gave me :) Anyways, back to our weekend... after eating carrots Alexa spent some time with Gram and Mary Jo (an old family friend) before we headed to Merle & Erin's to meet Rylee! The three of us enjoyed a nice visit with my cousin and his family ~ I got my itty-bitty newborn baby fix and they got to see what's in store for them in the coming months :) Saturday afternoon we went to the Maple Festival in Chardon and got fair food (Swiss Fried Cheese Sticks = the most amazing food on the planet!). The two highlights of Sunday were our 2-hour shopping extravaganza, yes extravaganza, to Sam's Club (I wish I had a photo of how packed the 5 of us were in Mom's little Mazda, I mean we almost had to call someone to come take some of the food home for us) and our cookout with the some of the Langlois family. Hopefully, we'll get to see all of them again Memorial Day weekend!!! As always, it was so sad to say goodbye. What's really hard is that Danielle is going to prom for the first time this coming weekend and we won't be there (we have a wedding to go to). It always makes me nostalgic to think about how much of my little sister's life I've missed while I have lived in Columbus. It is the main reason I want to live closer to my family. I don't want any of them to miss out on my children's lives....
Here's some photos from our weekend home:











"More carrots now, Mommy!"















Gram had to take her glasses off because Alexa kept playing with them.















I got to cuddle with a newborn! Erin got to play with a 6-month old!












Alexa at the Maple Festival. Dan and I (hidden below in my hands is the Swiss Fried Cheese Stick).












A fun trip to the Maple Festival - Noni, Papa, Alexa, Mommy, & Daddy!












Noni couldn't get the carrots in Alexa's mouth fast enough! The kid can freaking eat!!!


So we think between the solids, increased nursing sessions, and bottles of breastmilk that Alexa is finally putting on the weight! Thank goodness!!! We'll see in 2.5 weeks how we are doing for sure though. This week we're looking forward to picking up Alexa's 6-month photos from Target, having a visit from Aunt Janine & Uncle Ken (who just returned to KY from FL), Heather & Eric's Wedding, Art coming to town, and of course, my 1st Mother's Day!!! Ciao.

No comments: