Tuesday, May 12, 2009

B-A-N-A-N-A-S, Headbands, & a Walk to the Park











Every time I fed her bananas two things went through my mind... 1. I ♥ baby bananas (and I'd tell Alexa she might have to share, lol) and 2. I sang, "This s**t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" (a song by Gwen Stefani). LMAO.











This morning, I decided to try out the only baby headband we have on Alexa (even though I swore I would never subject a baby girl to one) and OMG I loved it!!! We went to Babies R Us and bought a pack of five this afternoon :) She'll be in 'em a lot from here on out ~ our little girl will be quite girly & cute in her earrings, headbands, and dresses!











She loves looking at this book all by herself :) She is becoming so "independent" and even a little ornery, lol.











We took a long walk all the way to the park/playground/school this afternoon. One way is 0.8 miles (so there and back is just over 1.5 miles). It's the farthest I've walked in a LONG time! It wasn't bad at all, and I totally plan on walking there 2-3 times a week this summer :) On the way back, we stopped and talked to a neighbor for about 30 minutes ~ she said to give her a call for coffee and a play date soon!











I've talked about how Alexa has loved to "stand" with someone holding her waist or hands, so today I decided to see if she could hold herself up... and she can! I cannot believe how fast she is growing!!!!

Well, between my title and lengthy "captions" I've summed up what's happened in our world yesterday & today - bananas, headbands, and a walk to the park :) We've still got a busy rest of the week ahead of us. I'll continue to keep y'all updated!!! Finally, I want to ask y'all to say a prayer for Abi (one of the little girls that I used to babysit & will be babysitting again part-time this summer)... last week they found a lump on her neck, and she is going for a biopsy tomorrow. She is only 6 years old. Please pray that it is not cancerous and that God will comfort the entire Figurski family in this stressful/scary time. Thank you! Ciao.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

she is so stinkin cute :) and girl, you don't need to worry about the weight on that child. she's got the best thighs everrrr!!! can't wait to see you both!!!!