Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Day of Piercings

Me asking the lady questions while she cleaned Alexa's ear.

Alexa not happy that she had to be still to get her ears marked first.

So sad after the first one :(

Shooting in the second one.

We were both crying :(

But they really are so cute!

Danielle freaking out...

I couldn't watch...

Me checking out her nose piercing!

Up close.

As I alluded to yesterday, we had a big day today: we got Alexa's ears pierced! She was sleeping when we first got to the mall but woke up when we took her out of her car seat. She was not happy to be held still while the lady marked her ears (to make sure they would be even), she obviously didn't know that the worst was yet to come... She screamed like crazy during and immediately after they were pierced - it was really hard to know that she was in pain, especially when she had her first big, wet-her-whole face, teardrops :( I mean, she has had a few lone teardrops in the past few weeks, but nothing like today. It broke my heart to see my little girl in pain. But once she calmed down, and I got to check 'em out, they looked so pretty!! Now, no one will mistake her for a boy if she is wearing neutral colored clothes. We did it a few hours ago, and she has been totally fine all afternoon and evening. They don't appear to bother her at all :) Well, all of this inspired Danielle... so Mom, Danielle, and I went to get Danielle's nose pierced at the tattoo parlor (they don't them at the mall). She was soooo nervous before the guy, Joe, did it, but she was so brave and didn't even cry. I thought about doing it too but chickened out. And as I've been sitting at home, I've regretted it. I mean, if I could handle labor and delivery I'm sure I could handle a mere nose piercing. I'm thinking maybe we'll go tomorrow when Danielle gets off of work (because I have to squeeze the blood out of her hand like she did mine). We'll see.
A side note, we found the cutest dress for her 3 month pictures (that are this coming Tuesday) at Macy's. It was originally $32 + tax and I paid $4.80!!! I'm a good shopper :)
Well, better get back to the fam. It's family game night :) Have I mentioned how much I love my family?! Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just make certain you clean those earlobes regularly. We don't want Alexa to get an infection. I can't wait to see her with earrings. I'm in shock that Danielle had her nose pierced and think you are crazy if you do the same. But I'll always love you even if you do something that I consider dumb.
Love, Aunt Janine