Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Story [half] Hour


As planned, Alexa and I went to the library for Babytime this morning. We had so much fun! Alexa was wide awake and in great spirits. We sang songs, listened to a couple of stories, and did some finger rhymes :) The children's favorite part was when the librarian came around blowing bubbles. They were all so mesmerized, it was cute. I was shocked by how many people were there. There were about 15-20 children, including Alexa, and then of course the adults. Alexa was the youngest child in the room - she was the only one who couldn't sit on her own. Everyone kept saying how pretty, precious, etc. she was, and all of the other children (mostly around 1 yr old) were saying, "baby, baby, baby," and pointing at her. After story hour we picked out a few books and came home. I remember going to the library as a little girl, and I am so excited to be taking my baby girl to the library now! This is definitely going to be a part of our weekly schedule!! And who knows, maybe I will eventually make friends with a mom or two :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of you who know my baby girl, Nikki, should not be too shock to hear that she is taking HER baby girl to storybook time at the library. For those of you who do not know...when Nikki was a little girl and she was bad I had to ground her from reading and make her watch TV. How messed up is that??? Anyways, I really am thrilled that Alexa is following in her mommy's footsteps and likes books and am equally happy to hear that Nikki is following in my footsteps and taking her daughter to storybook time at the library. Nikki, I know you never thought you would turn out like me but guess what sweetie...it is happening! I love you and God bless the "Dans" for putting up with us.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, by the way, see you in 3 days, as grandma would say "Be the good Lord willing!" That means if we aren't buried alive in the snow up here!

KatUK said...

Nice outfit she's wearing.. think it may be from her favourite aunty!

I'm glad she likes story time. It's something nice for you two to do together..

Miss both of you. x

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories of our times at the Boone County Public Library and at the bookstores.
Love, Aunt Janine