Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SNOW!

Dan & Alexa in our backyard.

Alexa & Me - don't you love my new North Face? It was a Christmas gift from Dan :)

Pretty Alexa-sized pine trees.

Close-up of me and the darling in her huge snow outfit.

This picture would have been perfect had the stupid snowflake not taken out Alexa's face.

Sitting in the snow.

Even Chloe had some snow time!

Well, the much anticipated snow finally arrived. I say "much anticipated" in regards to Dan. He has just been waiting and waiting for it to snow enough to take Alexa outside to get a few pictures. For all of you worriers, it took me longer to get her layered in all of the clothes and snow suit then we were actually outside.
So yesterday and today Alexa was awake for about 4-5 hours during the day! Then she took a nice 2.5-3 hour nap. She seems to be starting to put herself on a schedule of sorts. I love that - it'll give us time together to read, play, and go places (like to the library), but then I will also have some time to do stuff around the house. As I'm starting to get the hang of this "mom" thing, I'm really beginning to enjoy it. I'm so thankful that I am going to be able to stay home with her (and any other future kiddos)! Just so y'all know I'm hoping that one of these days I'll convince Dan to write a post so you can hear his thoughts on this whole parenting thing too.
We have begun to make plans for our first big road trip with Alexa... we are going to NC in February for our niece's baptism. The trip is first going to take us to the Charlotte area to see my aunt, uncle, cousin and her family. I'm really excited to see all of them because it has been soooo long! Then, we are going to head to Greensboro where we will stay with Maureen and Dan, and then drive to Durham to visit with Andy and Cathy. It should be a fun trip! I also received good news tonight... my countdown to Perry is still on (9 days), but my count to see my parents has been reduced to 2.5 days! As long as the weather isn't awful, Mom and Dad are going to come down on Saturday :) I cannot even begin to describe how this brightened my day! So a fun-filled weekend of seeing them and celebrating Dan's 29th birthday is looming... yea!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee...it's snowing!!! Alexa don't get too excited about the snow because hopefully some day we will be where there is no or at least very little snow and a lot more sunshine. The pictures are adorable...our very own snowbaby! Dan I wanted to see a picture of you shoveling...bummer! Finally a photo of Chloe...thank you! You all look so happy and that warms my heart. I love you all and cannot wait to see you soon; hopefully 2 days!
Kisses and hugs,
Mom/Noni