Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Perrydise

With my second cousin, Megan.

Hanging out on the couch with Papa.

With my second cousin, Alyssa.

Alexa loves being in the water!

With my second cousin, Kayla.

With my cousin, Judy (the girls' above mom).

With my cousin-in-law, Jeff (the girls' dad).

Rocking with Noni.

Such a cutie in the bouncer.

Watching TV with Daddy.

Danielle and Dan "eating" the gingerbread house they decorated last week.

The gingerbread house makers.

Napping with Mommy.

We've been in Perry since New Year's Day. On Thursday, we just hung around the house, and my cousin's two girls, Megan and Alyssa, came over to stay the night. On Friday, Alexa was able to meet my cousin, Judy, her husband, Jeff, and their other daughter, Kayla. It was really great to visit with the Gramm's because it had been over two years since we last saw them! Catch Phrase is the new game our family is obsessed with, so Friday night we played with my parents, Paul and Kelly. Next time you see Dan, ask him to show you how he described 'knuckle head.' Too funny! Today was a busy day ~ Alexa went shopping with me and Noni, and then hung out at home with Daddy, Papa and Jaja while I went to see Twilight with the girls (Mom, Danielle, Kelly, and some of Mom's friends). The movie was sooooo good!
An update on Alexa... she went to see Dr. Jacob last Monday. It was time for her 2 month old shots :( It was so incredibly hard to see my baby in pain! Dr. Jacob is happy with her growth ~ she weighed in at exactly 10 pounds and is 22.5 inches long. Her growth signifies that our breastfeeding is successful :) Alexa is still a very wonderful baby! I sometimes wonder how I was so blessed with a great pregnancy and now a great baby. She has started to make eye contact, and she will even follow you with her eyes when you move. From the time she was born, Alexa has been obsessed with her tongue, but lately she is now increasing her mouth fettish by becoming a "bubble factory." It is so cute. My favorite thing is how she is starting to smile in response to faces you make at her. My other favorite is she is starting to have a long rest period at night (usually from 11 pm - 5 am)! Alexa is just too precious for words! Who knew parenthood would be so amazing :)

No comments: